At the annual Apple Event in California today Apple revealed their newest ways to take your money. Most if not all of the buzz is centered around the iPhone X, the most expensive phone I’ve ever seen.
Release Date: Pre-orders start on Oct. 27
Price: Starting at $999
- iPhone X comes in Silver and Space Gray, and it features a Super Retina Display.
- Face ID is powered by the True Depth Camera System. Infrared camera, flood illuminator, dot projector, and front camera.
- The dot projector scans your face when you lift your iPhone. It works in the dark and it matches up against a stored face to authenticate.
- Face ID: Your phone is locked until you raise it up and it recognizes you.
- Face ID learns your face even if you change your hairstyle, wear a hat, or scan your face in the dark. It adapts to you as your face changes
- If your eyes are closed or you’re looking away, it won’t unlock.
- Face ID info is stored in secure enclave, features all on-device processing. It requires user attention to unlock.
- There is a one in a million chance someone can fool your iPhone X and unlock it with their face.
- Facial recognition also powers a new emoji feature called Animojis.
— IRFAN (@simplyirfan) September 12, 2017
Release Date: Sept. 22
Price: iPhone 8 $699 (64GB Storage), iPhone 8 Plus $799 (64GB Storage)
- New image signal processor. Faster autofocus, new pixel processor for better sharpness and texture.
- Six-core CPU. The two high-power cores are 25 percent faster than A10. Four high-efficiency cores, 70 percent faster than A10.
- Speakers are twice as loud.
- The new iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus feature glass bodies and come in silver, space gray, and a new shade of gold.
- New 4.7 and 5.5-inch displays. Most durable glass Apple’s ever used.
- The A11 Bionic chip features a second-generation Apple-designed performance controller with 70 percent faster multitasking workloads.
- iPhone 8 continues to offer single-lens camera, iPhone 8 Plus has a dual-lens camera.
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus have the highest quality video capture ever in a smartphone.
- iPhone 8 has wireless charging.