September 12th – The Barrie Fire Service says smoking is to blame for both these fires, while the blaze on Edgehill Drive caused an estimated $75,000 in damage.
September 11th – Barrie firefighters were called into action twice Sunday. First, to a house fire on Grove Street, in a home that divided into two residences. Barrie Fire’s Samantha Hoffmann says a smoke alarm in the basement had its battery in backwards…
Eighty-thousand dollars damage was done. No one was hurt, but families in the two units have been put up in temporary shelters. Cause yet to be determined.
A second fire broke out last evening on the 9th floor of a high rise at 90 Edgehill forcing the evacuation of the building for several hours. Noe one was home at the time. Two cats, a rabbit and a turtle were rescued. Cause yet to be determined.