Everyone has that song they want to hear when they need their spirits lifted. A study was done last year to find out the best feel-good songs and it resurfaced online recently. They had a hard time with this one since everyone is different and has their own tastes in music. But they did find out some things even though they’re basically stating the obvious!
Feel-good songs have average tempos of 140-150 BPM, are in major keys and about positive, happy things.
Here’s the list that they came up with:
1. Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now
YouTube / Queen Official
2. ABBA – Dancing Queen
YouTube / AbbaVEVO
3. Beach Boys – Good Vibrations
YouTube / Stephen McElvain
4. Billy Joel – Uptown Girl
YouTube / billyjoelVEVO
5. Survivor – Eye Of The Tiger
YouTube / SurvivorVEVO
6. The Monkees – I’m A Believer
YouTube / Sam Berry
7. Cyndi Lauper – Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
YouTube / CyndiLauperVEVO
8. Bon Jovi – Livin’ On A Prayer
YouTube / BonJoviVEVO
9. Gloria Gaynor – I Will Survive
YouTube / Wesley Tai
10. Katrina & the Waves – Walking On Sunshine
YouTube / emimusic
What are your go-to feel-good songs?