UPDATE: Fire In North Barrie

Bathroom fan to blame

Tuesday – Fire investigators say Monday’s fire in a home on Tunbridge Drive in north Barrie was caused by an overheated bathroom ceiling fan. They recommend these fans not be run constantly and should be cleaned frequently.

Monday – Damage has been pegged at 250-thousand dollars from a house fire on Tunbridge Drive in North Barrie. Authorities says several students have been displaced because of the blaze which has not been deemed suspicious. Fire crews expect to remain on scene for cleanup for most of the day. Drivers can expect delays.