Six Simcoe County hospitals will share in over $5 million in provincial renewal money. Barrie MPP Ann Hoggarth made the trip to Midland’s Georgian Bay General to make the announcement this morning, saying the Health Infrastructure Renewal Fund will benefit hospitals in Alliston, Collingwood, Orillia, Barrie, Midland, and Penetanguishene. The funds will be used to keep the medical centres in good repair. Across Ontario, 135 hospitals will receive a chunk of the $175 mil the province has committed to this fund.
• Stevenson Memorial Hospital $162,727
• Collingwood General and Marine Hospital $816,395
• Georgian Bay General Hospital $627,001
• Orillia Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital $3,045,180
• Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre $23,089
• Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care $734,592