I came across this article; An age by age guide for what to expect from kids at each age and also what they need from us!
Regarding my 6-year-old:
• It’s pretty likely that they will know a lot more than you. Just ask them.
• May start tantruming again.
• Can start to test the limits but will still want to please you and help out.
• Will seek praise for their school work and for the good things they do.
• Will seek to master new skills and to feel competent.
• Might worry about being away from you.
Yup, pretty much!