A 36 year old Bradford West Gwillimbury man faces several charges after a weapons call in the Springwater Township area of Midhurst.
The OPP responded around 10:00am Tuesday to a report that a man was in possession of a firearm behind a Gas Station in Springwater Township. The suspect was spotted in the backyard of a residence on Sant Road and was apprehended after a short foot pursuit.
The Bradford-West Gwillimbury has been charged with…
- Failing to Comply with Probation Order
- 3 counts of Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose
- Failing to Comply with Recognizance
- 3 counts of Unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
- 2 counts of Obstruct Peace Officer
- 2 counts of Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Probation Order
- 2 counts of Theft Over $5,000
- 2 counts of Possession Obtained by Crime Over $5,000
- 2 counts of Break, Enter dwelling house-commit indictable offence
- Break & Enter a place and steal a firearm
- Theft Under $5,000
- Mischief Under $5000
The 36 year old was held for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Barrie.
Huronia West OPP received assistance from the Central Region Emergency Response Team (ERT), Canine Unit, Aviation Services and the Barrie Police Service.