There were some fresh faces at Kool FM today! Grade nine students Emily Wells and Sylvie Carr joined us for Take Your Kids to Work Day, and got to experience some of the highs (and lows!) of working in radio. We sat down with Sylvie, and here’s what she had to say about how high school stacks up to the 9 to 5 grind….
1. For starters, who is your Dad and what does he do?
My Dad is Dave Carr, and his job title is… General Manager (…or something like that!) That means he gets to make a lot decisions, which is something he likes, and it shows in his parenting style!
2. What’s the worst thing we asked you to do today?
Roll about a hundred T-Shirts and stuff them into bags… Not so much fun!
3. And the best?
We got to write and produce a commercial from start to finish. We even did the voice overs in the studio!
4. I hear you also got to be on air today?
Ya! We got to do the weather and intros to songs. A bunch of friends heard and texted me after, so that was pretty cool!
5. Can you see yourself working in radio one day?
I definitely can! It kind of runs in the family, and its a fun environment.
5. Now be honest. If you had to choose between going back to school tomorrow, or spending another day here, which would it be?
Here! But people who work here would probably say school, so I guess the grass is always greener on the other side!