UPDATE With Cause: Wasaga Beach Home A Total Loss Following Fire

Dog and Cat Lost Their Lives, No Other Injuries Reported


Wasaga Beach Fire investigators have determined discarded ashes from a fireplace were to blame for a Thursday night fire that destroyed a home on River Road. The owner had placed the ashes in a metal pail outside and on a raised deck. High winds blew the ashes out of the bucket, igniting the house.


Nobody was hurt after fire destroyed a Wasaga Beach home. Fire fighters were called to the house on River Road around 6:00 last evening, after someone noticed flames coming from the back deck. Fire Chief Mike McWilliam said the weather didn’t make things easy on them,

The house was a total loss, while Chief McWilliam says a dog and cat were lost in the fire. The cause of the fire is not being considered suspicious.