Monday – Collingwood Fire Chief Trent Elyea says Sunday’s house fire on Surf Side Crescent was likely due to an electrical issue in the garage. Damage has been estimated at $750,000.
Sunday – A fire that started in the garage, destroyed a home in Collingwood this morning. Three fire departments responded to the home on Surf Side Crescent around 6:30 and found it to be fully engulfed in flames. Fire Chief Trent Elyea says a working smoke alarm saved the lone occupant in the home. Fire officials say there is no word yet on what started the blaze or what the estimate on damage will be.