Someone polled 1,000 Americans and asked if they think different “emerging technologies” will eventually catch on and become widespread. Here are ten of them, and what people said . . .
Related: OH MAY GOD! A FLYING CAR (KIND OF)…
1. 3-D printing? Meaning most people will have one, and just print products at home. 82% of us think it’ll happen.
2. Virtual reality? 70% said yes. And 60% think augmented reality will take off too. But only 43% think the Metaverse will be big someday.
3. Artificial intelligence is a big part of your everyday life? 69% said yes.
4. Artificial organ transplants? 68% said yes.
5. Self-driving cars? Only 66% think they’ll be the norm.
6. Gene-editing technology? 62% said yes.
7. Lab-grown meat? 51%.
8. Cryptocurrency? 50% think it’s in for a boom. But only 39% think NFTs will survive.
9. Brain implants that work alongside computers? 50% said yes.
10. Normal people going to space? 44% think it’ll be common someday.