House plants have proven to be aesthetically pleasing décor for our homes and office spaces. Not only do house plants purify our air from toxins and produce oxygen, studies have shown they have the ability to boost your mood, increase productivity, decrease stress, make us feel more motivated, relaxed, focused… over all just live a happy healthier life!
Check out the article below on why you need house plants in your life.
Now you know WHY we need house plants in our lives.. but maybe you just feel you don’t have the time to care for one. Some of the EASIEST to care for house plants have the best benefits. If you’re looking to improve your day to day life, check out the list below for these 5 super easy to care for house plants for those of us that just don’t have a green thumb!
- One of the easiest and most popular house plants for beginners!
- Absorbs carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, xylene & produces oxygen
- Moderate light (avoid direct sunlight) great for office spaces and other low light areas
- water once a week (less watering in colder months)
- Safe for pets! 😊
Snake Plant/Sansevieria/Mother in Law’s Tongue
- Adapts very well to different living conditions, making it very easy to care for
- Good with low light or bright light
- Water once a week – but do not over water!
- One of the top air purifying plants – Absorbs large amounts of carbon monoxide, filters toxins such as benzene, xylene, trichloroethylene and formaldehyde – produces oxygen
- Mildly toxic to pets (could cause upset stomach in ingested)
Photo Source: ProFlowers.com
- Tolerant to fluorescent light making it a popular choice for office spaces
- Adaptable to different growing conditions – low light or moderate light, but avoiding direct sunlight
- Another top purifying plant – removes pollutants like benzene, toluene, formaldehyde, xylene, and carbon monoxide – produces oxygen
- Increase humidity – can help with prevention of cold & flu symptoms
- Keep soil moist but don’t over water and don’t let sit in water
- Not pet friendly ☹ Can cause vomiting/irritation in pets/children due to calcium oxalates
ZZ Plant/Zamioculcas zamiifolia
- Known to be VERY low maintenance
- Only water when soil is fully dry – even when forgetting to water this plant is known to thrive!
- good with low light or bright indirect light conditions – good for office spaces
- Air purifying – very good at removing toxins such as xylene, toluene, and benzene
- Very resistant to disease and insects
- All parts of the plant are poisonous – don’t eat it – keep away from pets/children and wash hands after handling to avoid skin irritation
- Keep soil moist but never soggy – needs a well-draining soil
- Grows best in a bright indirect light, semi-shaded spot – do not place in direct sunlight
- Tolerant with most temperatures but prefer not to be too cold
- Allow soil to dry out and then water thoroughly – do not let stand in water – typically watering should be done once a week
- Air purifying – helps remove formaldehyde, benzene, trichloroethylene and carbon dioxide – produce oxygen
- Increase humidity – help with cold & flu symptoms
- Not pet friendly ☹