Do you think the world would be a better place if we were just brutally honest all the time? A new poll found most people think so, but very few of us have the guts to do it. Here are a few quick stats on honesty . . .
1. 57% think it would be better if everyone just told people what they were thinking and didn’t hold back. But 83% of us bite our tongue a lot and avoid saying stuff that might offend people.
2. We hold back four times a day, on average. That includes big stuff, but also little things. Like wanting to tell someone to chew with their mouth shut, or saying, “No, I don’t want to see more pictures of your cats.”
3. 77% of us think we’re good at hiding the fact we’re not being totally honest.
4. 56% of people claim they want people to be brutally honest with them and not hold back.
5. 73% think being brutally honest is necessary sometimes.