According to a new study on behalf of a free community dating app, HUB over half of the people thinks one-liners should be forbidden. And it’s men who say they should be outlawed compared to women.
The reason is, that most pick-up lines are cringe-worthy and outright cheesy!
In spite of the cheesiness, there are about a third of people who confess that a pick-up line has actually worked on them.
Forty-two percent of men have fallen for a one-liner and only 27% of women could say the same.
Among the winning lines to actually work were “are you a Pokemon? Cause I’d like to take a Pikachu” and “Can I have a picture of you so I can show Santa what I want for Christmas?”
There are other ways that people have attempted to land a mate.
Nearly two thirds (64%) admitted to purposefully taking a long time to reply to a message in an attempt to “play it cool.”
CRINGIEST ONE LINERS
- I got my library card and I’m checking you out 45%
- Are you from Tennessee? Cause you’re the only ten I see 39%
- Do you like raisins? How do you feel about a date? 36%
- There’s something wrong with my phone. It doesn’t have your number in it 35%
- Feel my shirt. What’s it made of? Boyfriend material. 33%
- I must be in a museum because you’re a work of art 33%
- You must be tired cause you were running in my mind all night 31%
- Are you a time traveler? Cause I can see you in my future 30%
- My name is Microsoft. Can I crash at your place tonight? 30%
- Are you a magician? Cause when I look at you, everything disappears 20%