If you’re hitting up a holiday party this weekend, here’s a list of the rudest things you can do at one . . .
1. Bringing a plus-one without mentioning it. If you’re dating someone your host doesn’t know, run it by them first instead of assuming you can show up with a guest.
2. Hiding a mess. It’s like if you spill red wine on the carpet or couch. Just fess up so they can clean it.
3. Skipping the dress code. You should stick to the theme if the party specifically mentions ugly sweaters or holiday attire. And if nothing’s specified, it’s better to be overdressed than underdressed.
4. Showing up empty-handed. You should always bring a gift for the host, like a bottle of wine or a box of chocolates.
5. Getting too drunk. Space out your drinks and have water in between.