The average person believes websites will become obsolete in the next decade.
A recent survey of 2,000 U.S. adults discovered seven in 10 believe apps are gradually replacing websites.
With people relying on their phones for absolutely everything, it’s no surprise more than one in four think they can go a year without using a standard computer browser.
While 69% use their smartphone daily, only 44% report using their desktop or laptop with the same frequency.
Forty-six percent have even done a full day’s work entirely from their smartphone, and 42% have used it to file a tax return.
THINGS PEOPLE HAVE DONE ENTIRELY ON THEIR SMARTPHONE
- Shopping for groceries – 51%
- Taking photos/videos for special events – 51%
- Shopping for clothes/accessories – 47%
- Completing a full day’s work – 46%
- Completing a tax return – 42%
- Completing a homework assignment – 39%
- Reading books/magazines – 38%
- Dictation/transcription – 22%