Camping with kids can be challenging!
Camping is on my list of things to do with the kids! However after reading the below list, I may re-think my next family activity!
Here’s a list of things to expect while camping with small kids: (Feel free to add to this list)
1. The muddier the bathroom floor is, the more likely your five year old will drop his toothbrush on it.
2. Sniffing heads is the easiest way to figure out if anyone needs a shower badly enough to justify the effort it will involve.
3. Camping is a cheap family holiday. As long as you go camping twice every summer for the next ten years to justify the cost of all the stuff you bought for your first trip.
4. The whole campsite will hear every word of your increasingly deranged attempts to get small children to sleep on the first night of your first trip.
5. Even in summer, the grass is wetter than you think at 6AM.
6. Rain on a camping trip is always miserable.
7. Pretty much any waterproof vessel becomes a perfectly reasonable holder for wee, when someone small wakes at 4AM with a full bladder.
8. In these circumstances, penis envy is a real thing
9. A giant fleece blanket spread on top of a row of air mattresses will hold them all together and prevent small wriggly people from slipping off in the night.
10. Sticks are the best toy ever invented.