The research was commissioned by Hotels.com, which revealed searches for trips around Mother’s Day weekend are expected to go up 23 percent since 2019 – the last pre-pandemic year.
The hotel giant also claims adult kids are ready to treat their moms like VIPs, with searches for both 5 and 4-star locations increasing since 2019 by 40 percent and 55 percent respectively on their site.
Amenities such as spa facilities’ bathtub in the room’ have also seen a spike in searches this year.
Other top benefits of going away with mom include the novelty of seeing them get tipsy and that she’ll make the beds in the morning.
THE TOP 20 THINGS ABOUT GOING ON HOLIDAY WITH YOUR MOM
1. Spending quality time together
2. Being able to treat your mum, as she deserves it
3. Getting to see her fully relax
4. You don’t usually get to spend long with your mum
5. You know what each other likes
6. You have a similar taste in holidays
7. You can have a gossip
8. Being spoilt by your mum
9. Having meals/drinks paid for
10. She thinks of everything you may need and is fully equipped for every situation
11. She stays calm when things don’t quite go to plan
12. She books the whole holiday
13. She has great taste in hotels
14. She prefers to get a taxi than public transport
15. Having your mum organize your e.g., look after your passport, organize the itinerary
16. The novelty of seeing them get tipsy
17. She’ll be honest about your outfits
18. She makes the beds in the hotel room
19. She’s the only one who will join you on the dancefloor
20. She has a great sense of direction so we won’t get lost