The longest-running animated series in U.S. history has been on the air since 1989, and is now up to an impressive 33 seasons, totalling more than 700 episodes.
While only die-hard fans have seen every episode, would you be willing to watch all 700 shows for cash? There’s a company willing to pay one lucky viewer $6,800 to attempt it.
PlatinCasino.co.uk is looking to hire a “Simpsons Series Analyst” to consume the entire back catalog.
The Simpsons has a knack for predicting the future, foretelling the election of Donald Trump as president, Richard Branson’s space flight, the Coronavirus pandemic, horse meat scandal and recently a fuel shortage in the U.K.
The online games site is looking for an analyst to predict what global events could happen in 2022 by watching all the episodes.
The job of the analyst includes:
- Finding key storylines and standout events from each episode, which will then form a list of predictions of future events.
- The role lasts for eight weeks, with the cartoon fan expected to watch telly for 35.5 hours a week, totaling 284 hours of the show, which works out to a salary of $9.25 per episode.
- They will also provide you with snacks and pay for your WiFi bills and Disney Plus subscription, but the site stressed the analyst will need access to their own TV or laptop.
- The role is open to anyone fluent in English over the age of 18, with applications closing on October 31, with the findings expected to be revealed early next year.
- No qualifications or experience is needed, but a love for The Simpsons is desirable.”