The dating app Plenty of Fish just put together their predictions for dating trends in 2020 and, basically, it’s all made-up terms. Check ’em out . . .
1. Cause-playing – where a casual relationship ends, but the person eventually circles back to ask for a favor, like going to their band’s show or supporting their Kickstarter. 61% of people say this has happened to them.
2. Eclipsing – where you adopt the interests and hobbies of the person you’re dating and pretend you’ve always liked them too. 45% of people have done this.
3. White clawing – where you stay with someone you find boring only because you find them attractive. 27% of people have done this.
4. Yellow carding – when you call out someone for their bad dating etiquette. 27% of people have done this.
5. Dial toning – it’s like pre-emptive ghosting, where someone gives you their number, then ignores every call and text you ever send. 60% of people have had this happen to them, and 35% have done it to someone else.