A new survey for Giving Tuesday found the average person does five good deeds a month. And the most common small act of kindness we’ve done is giving someone directions. Two-thirds of us have done it at least once in our life.
Here are the ten most common good deeds we do . . .
1. Giving someone directions. 66% have done it.
2. Holding a door for a stranger, 65%.
3. Letting someone with fewer items cut in line at the store, 60%.
4. Helping someone cross the street, also 60%.
5. Doing a chore or errand for a family member or friend, 56%.
6. Adding a small donation to charity when you check out at the store, again 56%.
7. Donating clothes to a thrift store, 55%.
8. Helping someone carry their groceries, also 55%.
9. Returning a lost item, also 55%.
10. Paying for a stranger’s meal. 53% of people said they’ve done it.